Rockies' Charlie Blackmon (illness) unavailable for start of summer workouts
Colorado Rockies outfielder Charlie Blackmon will not be available for the team when they start camp on Saturday, according to The Athletic's Nick Groke.
Blackmon tested positive for COVID-19 back in June, and was among the first MLB players to do so. Phil Diehl and Ryan Castellani, who tested positive around the same time as Blackmon, have both already returned. The exact reason why Blackmon has yet to return is unknown, but he will remain in quarantine for the time being.
Our models currently project Blackmon for a .301 batting average, 10 home runs, 31 RBI, 40 runs, and a .884 OPS.
- Kyle Lewis left off Mariners' lineup Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Athletics' Sean Murphy starting Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Khris Davis starting for Oakland on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Chad Pinder starting for Athletics on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Mike Yastrzemski missing from Giants' lineup Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Chadwick Tromp catching for Giants in Colorado August 6th, 2020
- Tony Wolters on Rockies' bench versus Giants August 6th, 2020
- Daniel Murphy dropped from Rockies' lineup Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Matt Kemp in left field for Rockies in Thursday's finale August 6th, 2020
- Chris Owings on shortstop Thursday for Colorado August 6th, 2020
- Raimel Tapia starting for Rockies on Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Chris Owings sitting on Wednesday for Rockies August 5th, 2020