Yankees' James Paxton (back) closing in on return to baseball activities
New York Yankees starting pitcher James Paxton could begin throwing as soon as the end of this week, it was announced Thursday.
This news comes from Paxton himself, as he addressed reporters to give an update on his status. He told the media he's looking to begin throwing either this weekend or early next week. The former All-Star pitcher is recovering from a Feb. 5 surgery to remove a cyst from his spine and is tentatively expected to join the active roster in late April or May.
Our models currently project Paxton for a 4.01 ERA, a 1.23 WHIP, 152 strikeouts and 44 walks in 125.7 innings pitched.
- White Sox's Eloy Jimenez (foot) exits Thursday's game in seventh inning September 24th, 2020
- Marlins-Braves dealing with weather delay Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Tyrone Taylor starting for Milwaukee Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Sean Murphy catching for Athletics on Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Oakland's Matt Olson hitting in cleanup spot on Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Luis Urias in Brewers' Thursday lineup September 24th, 2020
- Gary Sanchez on Yankees' bench versus Blue Jays September 24th, 2020
- Aaron Judge joining Yankees' bench Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Gary Sanchez squatting for Yankees versus Blue Jays September 23rd, 2020
- Giancarlo Stanton batting third for Yankees on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Giancarlo Stanton on Yankees' bench Tuesday September 22nd, 2020
- Gary Sanchez sitting for Yankees versus Blue Jays September 22nd, 2020