Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020
Chicago Cubs third baseman / outfield Kris Bryant will bat in the leadoff spot in 2020.
According to manager David Ross, the Cubs are "committed" to Bryant being their leadoff man in 2020. A move up Chicago's batting order should boost Bryant's production after rebounding with a strong season in 2019.
In 543 at-bats last season, Bryant produced a .282 average with 31 home runs and 77 RBI.
- Miguel Andujar could play in Yankees' outfield July 1st, 2020
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka back from Japan July 1st, 2020
- Cardinals' Jordan Hicks (Tommy John) ruled out for Opening Day July 1st, 2020
- Giants' Tony Watson in running for closer job July 1st, 2020
- Miles Mikolas (elbow) healthy ahead of Cardinals camp July 1st, 2020
- Twins' Nelson Cruz plans to keep playing July 1st, 2020
- Cubs' Jose Quintana underwent thumb surgery July 2nd, 2020
- Kris Bryant still scheduled for Cubs' leadoff duties June 29th, 2020
- Anthony Rizzo 'planning to play' for Cubs June 29th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Cubs' Tyler Chatwood the front runner for fifth spot in rotation March 8th, 2020
- Ian Happ clears fence again for Cubs March 4th, 2020