Padres want Jurickson Profar 'concentrated at second base' during spring training
San Diego Padres infielder Jurickson Profar will primarily focus on playing second base.
According to manager Jayce Tingler, Profar will spend all of spring training working on the details of playing second base after struggling with errors at the position. "Right now, where we're trying to get his progression on the throwing, we find it best to just stay concentrated at second base," said Tingler. "But, again, being a switch-hitter and being able to play six or seven different positions, we view that as a positive."
Expect Profar to enter the regular season as San Diego's starting second baseman. In 459 at-bats last season, Profar produced a .218 average with 20 home runs and 67 RBI.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- Fernando Tatis Jr. (illness) back in Padres' lineup Monday March 9th, 2020
- Padres want Jurickson Profar 'concentrated at second base' during spring training February 16th, 2020
- Manuel Margot out of Padres' lineup in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Hunter Renfroe on Padres' bench in Sunday's finale September 29th, 2019
- Francisco Mejia behind Padres' plate Sunday afternoon September 29th, 2019