Twins' Byron Buxton (shoulder) swinging off tee, targeting Opening Day return
Minnesota Twins outfielder Byron Buxton (shoulder) has been swinging off the tee during batting cage drills.
According to manager Rocco Baldelli, Buxton's goal is to return for Minnesota's Opening Day matchup against the Oakland Athletics. Expect Buxton to maintain an everyday role if he can show he has fully recovered from his shoulder injury.
In 271 at-bats last season, Buxton produced a .262 average with 10 home runs and 46 RBI.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to be back on mound 'soon' April 7th, 2020
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Twins' Byron Buxton (shoulder) to take live batting practice Tuesday March 9th, 2020
- Twins' Byron Buxton (shoulder) swinging off tee, targeting Opening Day return February 15th, 2020
- Twins' Jake Cave starting Saturday in Game 2 October 5th, 2019
- C.J. Cron sitting Saturday for Minnesota October 5th, 2019
- Max Kepler (shoulder) starting for Twins in Game 1 Friday October 4th, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez (oblique) starting ALDS Game 1 for Minnesota October 4th, 2019