Cubs' Yu Darvish (forearm) on track to pitch Saturday after bullpen session
Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Yu Darvish completed a successful bullpen session on Thursday, according to Jesse Rogers of ESPN.
This is good news for the 33-year-old, who has been on the shelf with forearm tightness. This puts him on track to pitch on Saturday against the Milwaukee Brewers in his return from the injured list.
In 152.3 innings pitched this season, Darvish has a 4.25 ERA, a 1.14 WHIP, 183 strikeouts and 52 walks.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Cubs' Tyler Chatwood the front runner for fifth spot in rotation March 8th, 2020
- Ian Happ clears fence again for Cubs March 4th, 2020
- Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Ben Zobrist starting for Cubs in final game of season September 29th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching Sunday afternoon for Cubs September 29th, 2019