Yankees hope James Paxton (knee) will return this week
New York Yankees manager Aaron Boone said Sunday that he hopes pitcher James Paxton (knee) will be able to rejoin the rotation this week for their series against the San Diego Padres.
The Yankees play the Padres Monday-Wednesday, so Paxton could potentially draw two starts this week after missing most of the month due to inflammation in his left knee.
Paxton put together a 3.11 ERA and 1.19 WHIP with 52 strikeouts and 13 walks across 37 2/3 innings before landing on the injured list.
- Pirates' Chris Archer (neck, shoulder) out until 2021 June 3rd, 2020
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Orioles' Trey Mancini (cancer) expects to miss season April 28th, 2020
- Steve Pearce officially retires after 13 seasons April 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' James Paxton (back) throws pain-free Wednesday March 11th, 2020
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton takes live BP Thursday March 11th, 2020
- Yankees' Gary Sanchez (back, flu) to be re-evaluated Friday March 11th, 2020