Elvis Andrus placed on Rangers' injured list with hamstring strain
The Texas Rangers placed shortstop Elvis Andrus on the 10-day injured list with a left hamstring strain.
Andrus suffered the injury in the seventh inning of Tuesday's loss to the Kansas City Royals. It's not clear if he will be ready to return when first eligible. Logan Forsythe is covering shortstop on Wednesday versus the Royals.
Andrus is batting .325/.373/.510 with 6 homers, a triple, 9 doubles, 26 RBI, 25 runs scored, and 8 steals across 169 plate appearances.
- Donovan Solano sitting for Giants at Wrigley August 21st, 2019
- Evan Longoria batting third Wednesday for Giants August 21st, 2019
- Brandon Crawford in San Francisco's Wednesday lineup August 21st, 2019
- Mike Yastrzemski leading off for Giants on Wednesday August 21st, 2019
- Alex Dickerson starting for Giants against Cubs August 21st, 2019
- Buster Posey sitting Wednesday for Giants August 21st, 2019
- Rangers' Jose Trevino catching in Tuesday's second game against the Angels August 20th, 2019
- Jeff Mathis heading to the Rangers' bench on Tuesday night August 20th, 2019
- Rangers' Isiah Kiner-Falefa receives Tuesday night off August 20th, 2019
- Elvis Andrus returns to the Rangers' lineup on Tuesday night August 20th, 2019
- Danny Santana batting second for Texas on Tuesday night August 20th, 2019
- Rangers' Hunter Pence not starting in Tuesday's Game 2 lineup August 20th, 2019