Elvis Andrus placed on Rangers' injured list with hamstring strain
The Texas Rangers placed shortstop Elvis Andrus on the 10-day injured list with a left hamstring strain.
Andrus suffered the injury in the seventh inning of Tuesday's loss to the Kansas City Royals. It's not clear if he will be ready to return when first eligible. Logan Forsythe is covering shortstop on Wednesday versus the Royals.
Andrus is batting .325/.373/.510 with 6 homers, a triple, 9 doubles, 26 RBI, 25 runs scored, and 8 steals across 169 plate appearances.
- Arizona's David Peralta (shoulder) placed on the 10-Day Injured List May 24th, 2019
- Orioles' Dan Straily removed from the rotation May 24th, 2019
- Oakland Athletics place Khris Davis (hip) on the 10-Day Injured List May 24th, 2019
- Angels' Andrew Heaney (elbow) will start in Sunday's matchup against the Rangers May 24th, 2019
- Angels' Kole Calhoun sitting on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Shohei Ohtani returns to the Angels' lineup on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Joey Gallo in Rangers' Friday lineup May 24th, 2019
- Danny Santana sitting on Friday for Texas May 24th, 2019
- Rangers' Elvis Andrus (hamstring) likely back on Saturday May 22nd, 2019
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun placed on IL with quad strain May 22nd, 2019
- Joey Gallo out of Rangers' lineup Wednesday May 22nd, 2019
- Jeff Mathis sitting Wednesday for Rangers May 22nd, 2019