Gulfstream Park Horse Racing Picks for Friday 5/29/20

With most of the sports world on pause, it's a great time to dive into horse racing, and FanDuel Racing gives you the chance to do just that.

Starting at 1:00 p.m. EST, we have 10 races at Gulfstream Park. Using our projections as a guide, here are some of the best bets.

As always, keep an eye out for scratches and changes.

Say Cheese and Special Inclusion, Race 2

FD Racing Odds: 8/5 and 9/5

Our models are high on these two horses in Race 2 as we project Say Cheese (8/5) to win and have Special Inclusion (9/5) getting third. also likes these two, giving each a race-high 37% chance to win as well as 95% odds to get in the top three.

This looks like a race that could be volatile as only five of the eight horses in the field have run before, per Timeform. And of the five with previous experience, just one horse (Kitten's Dream) has raced more than once.

Special Inclusion has one race under her belt, coming in second at Gulfstream Park back on April 30th. Say Cheese, meanwhile, is debuting under trainer Larry Rivelli, who has a 30% win percentage, and she'll be ridden by Gulfstream veteran Irad Ortiz Jr., who has won a remarkable 30% of his races here -- per Equibase -- since the start of April.

While I can see either winning, I like a Say Cheese-Special Inclusion exacta.

Deemed Essential, Race 5

FD Racing Odds: 2/1

Much like Race 2, Race 5 gives us a few horses making their debut. In fact, of the 10 horses scheduled to run, only three have raced before, with all three running only once.

Deemed Essential (2/1) is the favorite and is coming off from the rail. Ridden by Ortiz, the filly is our pick to win as well as DHP's choice to win, with DHP giving her a commanding 39% chance to win.

Betting on a 2/1 favorite isn't sexy, but Deemed Essential looks like the class of the field in Race 5.

R Boy Evens and Good Bye Greg, Race 7

FD Racing Odds: 5/2 and 9/2

These two stand out in Race 7.

Good Bye Greg (9/2) is starting in Lane 1 and comes into this race in dazzling form, posting three seconds and two firsts over its last five outings, though none have come at Gulfstream Park. R Boy Evens (5/2), the favorite, has great form, too, going 4-1-1-3-2 over his last five.

Over 23 career races, Good Bye Greg has recorded 13 firsts, six seconds and a third, according to Equibase. R Boy Evens doesn't have a long track record, but in five career events, the gelding has been outside the top three only once, winning twice.

Admittedly, it's tough to split these two, but Good Bye Greg gets an ever-so-slight edge for me due to the excellent form. DHP gives Good Bye Greg a 27% chance to win with 76% odds of being in the top three while handing Ro Boy Evens a 26% chance to win with 74% odds of being in the top three.