Buccaneers' Ronald Jones struggling in passing game
Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie running back Ronald Jones has struggled in pass protection early in training camp, according to the Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud.
Jones was little-used as a receiving option in both high school and college, catching just 32 passes in 40 games at USC. To make matters more difficult, he was also inconsistent in blitz pickup on college tape. Stroud says Peyton Barber remains the Bucs' nominal starter entering preseason games.
Our models project Jones as fantasy football's 28th-best running back option for the 2018 season. We peg him for a line of 704 rushing yards and 4.8 touchdowns on 180 carries, with 33 catches for 247 receiving yards and 0.8 scores.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Antonio Brown (knee) questionable for Buccaneers in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021