Texans do not plan to reduce Deshaun Watson's running in 2018
Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson (knee) will not have his rushing workload limited in 2018.
Watson is coming off ACL surgery but has looked like "his usual self in OTAs", according to Texans' coaches. The staff currently has no plans to limit Watson to the pocket and are building more offensive packages around his passing and rushing ability. The second-year quarterback is expected to be fully cleared by the medical staff by the time training camp starts in late-July. Watson rushed 36 times for 269 yards and 2 scores in 2017.
Our models project Watson for 3,845.8 passing yards, 372.8 rushing yards with 34.2 total touchdowns (30.6 passing, 3.6 rushing) and 14.2 interceptions in 2018.
- Odell Beckham (quad) will not practice for Giants Thursday December 13th, 2018
- Melvin Gordon (knee) reportedly trending toward sitting for Chargers again December 13th, 2018
- Seattle's Doug Baldwin (hip) considered day-to-day December 12th, 2018
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette ranked as Week 15's RB8 December 12th, 2018
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce projected for 10.5 targets in Week 15's matchup against the Chargers December 12th, 2018
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (foot) officially out for Week 15 December 12th, 2018
- Keke Coutee (hamstring) 'trending toward' playing for Texans Week 15 December 11th, 2018
- Deshaun Watson throws for 267 yards, 1 TD in Texans' loss on Sunday December 10th, 2018
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) out in Week 14 for Houston December 9th, 2018
- Keke Coutee (hamstring) out in Week 14 for Houston December 9th, 2018
- Keke Coutee (hamstring) not expected to play in Week 14 for Houston December 9th, 2018
- Houston's DeAndre Hopkins ranked as Week 14's top wide receiver December 8th, 2018