49ers sign Jimmy Garoppolo to a five-year, $137.5 million contract
The San Francisco 49ers have signed Jimmy Garoppolo to a five-year, $137.5 million contract, making him the highest-paid player in NFL history on an average-per-year basis.
Kirk Cousins has to like what he sees, as he's also looking at a big pay day this offseason. Garoppolo has only made seven career NFL starts, but he's remarkably won all of them, and played well down the stretch for the 49ers. It will be interesting to see how fantasy owners value Garoppolo in drafts next season.
Garoppolo averaged 15.4 FanDuel points in six games (five starts) for the 49ers this season, throwing for 1,560 yards with 7 touchdowns and 5 interceptions.
- Zay Jones (knee) undergoes surgery, to miss remainder of Bills' offseason program May 24th, 2018
- Chargers' Hunter Henry tears ACL, likely out for 2018 season May 22nd, 2018
- Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick May 22nd, 2018
- Deshaun Watson (knee) throwing during Texans' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) to 'do everything' at Dolphins' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Curtis Samuel (ankle) participating in Panthers' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- 49ers' Reuben Foster reports to Thursday's OTAs May 24th, 2018
- 49ers' Richard Sherman (Achilles) expects to be for training camp May 17th, 2018
- San Francisco 49ers move up in second round to draft WR Dante Pettis April 27th, 2018
- Patriots acquire OT Trent Brown from 49ers April 27th, 2018
- San Francisco 49ers draft OT Mike McGlinchey with ninth pick April 26th, 2018
- 49ers won't allow Reuben Foster to participate in team activities April 15th, 2018