49ers sign Jimmy Garoppolo to a five-year, $137.5 million contract
The San Francisco 49ers have signed Jimmy Garoppolo to a five-year, $137.5 million contract, making him the highest-paid player in NFL history on an average-per-year basis.
Kirk Cousins has to like what he sees, as he's also looking at a big pay day this offseason. Garoppolo has only made seven career NFL starts, but he's remarkably won all of them, and played well down the stretch for the 49ers. It will be interesting to see how fantasy owners value Garoppolo in drafts next season.
Garoppolo averaged 15.4 FanDuel points in six games (five starts) for the 49ers this season, throwing for 1,560 yards with 7 touchdowns and 5 interceptions.
- Blake Bortles reportedly agrees to 3-year, $54 million deal with Jaguars February 24th, 2018
- Torrey Smith 'expecting to be back' with Eagles in 2018 February 24th, 2018
- Steelers making no 'attempts to move' Martavis Bryant February 23rd, 2018
- David Harris retires after 11 NFL seasons February 23rd, 2018
- Rams likely to move on from Trumaine Johnson February 23rd, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018
- Report: 'Stunner' if Dolphins don't trade Jarvis Landry February 23rd, 2018
- 49ers' Reuben Foster arrested again for domestic violence, possessing assault rifle February 12th, 2018
- 49ers sign Jimmy Garoppolo to a five-year, $137.5 million contract February 8th, 2018
- Jimmy Garoppolo and 49ers' contract talks have made progress February 4th, 2018
- Jimmy Garoppolo extension remains high priority for 49ers January 24th, 2018
- 49ers' Reuben Foster arrested on marijuana possession January 13th, 2018