49ers sign Jimmy Garoppolo to a five-year, $137.5 million contract
The San Francisco 49ers have signed Jimmy Garoppolo to a five-year, $137.5 million contract, making him the highest-paid player in NFL history on an average-per-year basis.
Kirk Cousins has to like what he sees, as he's also looking at a big pay day this offseason. Garoppolo has only made seven career NFL starts, but he's remarkably won all of them, and played well down the stretch for the 49ers. It will be interesting to see how fantasy owners value Garoppolo in drafts next season.
Garoppolo averaged 15.4 FanDuel points in six games (five starts) for the 49ers this season, throwing for 1,560 yards with 7 touchdowns and 5 interceptions.
- Bills' A.J. McCarron did not break his collarbone, will soon return to practice August 20th, 2018
- Ravens' Jimmy Smith facing multi-game ban August 20th, 2018
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce projected to lead all tight ends in catches August 20th, 2018
- Jaguars' Keelan Cole receiving first-team reps during training camp August 20th, 2018
- Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) in helmet at Eagles' practice Monday August 20th, 2018
- Adrian Peterson reportedly signing with Washington August 20th, 2018
- Jerick McKinnon (knee) sitting for 49ers until Week 1 August 17th, 2018
- Jeremy McNichols filling in with 49ers' starters August 15th, 2018
- 49ers' Marquise Goodwin 'clearly' Jimmy Garoppolo's favorite target August 14th, 2018
- San Francisco adds Alfred Morris to injured backfield August 13th, 2018
- 49ers' Jerick McKinnon (knee) reportedly dealing with 'just a muscle strain' August 13th, 2018
- Jerick McKinnon injures knee in practice, will undergo MRI August 12th, 2018