Colts officially announce Josh McDaniels as new head coach
The Indianapolis Colts hired Josh McDaniels as head coach.
This will be McDaniels' second opportunity to be a head coach, as he previously went 11-17 (.393) with the Denver Broncos in 2009-2010 before being fired midseason. In Indianapolis, he inherits a situation with considerable question marks, such as Andrew Luck's (shoulder) health and a lack of talent on both sides of the ball.
The Colts ranked 23rd in Adjusted Offensive Net Expected Points (NEP) per play and dead last, at 32nd, in Adjusted Defensive NEP per play last season.
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski started thinking about retirement prior to playoffs February 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron believed to be Browns' top option among free agent quarterbacks February 16th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron wins grievance against Bengals, becomes free agent February 15th, 2018
- Sebastian Janikowski wants to continue playing February 15th, 2018
- Broncos' Derek Wolfe says neck is 'fixed' February 15th, 2018
- Larry Fitzgerald tells Cardinals he will return next season February 15th, 2018
- Colts hire Eagles' OC Frank Reich to be the team's new head coach February 11th, 2018
- Colts say Andrew Luck doesn't need more shoulder surgery February 7th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck's shoulder reportedly still a concern February 7th, 2018
- Josh McDaniels won't accept Colts' head coaching job, will remain with Patriots February 6th, 2018
- Donte Moncrief could be open to one-year deal with Colts February 6th, 2018
- Colts officially announce Josh McDaniels as new head coach February 6th, 2018