Detroit Lions officially hire Matt Patricia as head coach
The Detroit Lions have officially named New England Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia as their next head coach.
The news came out weeks ago that the Lions planned to hire Patricia, but they had to wait until the Patriots season was officially over. Patricia has worked for the Patriots the last 13 seasons, starting as an offensive assistant before switching to the defensive side of the ball, where he has been the coordinator since 2012. The Lions will be the 43-year-old's first head coaching job.
The Lions' defense ranked 27th in yards allowed (355.8) and 21st in points allowed per game (23.5) while ranking 16th overall, according to numberFire's metrics.
- Bills' Josh Allen (elbow) suffered a UCL injury on Sunday October 15th, 2018
- Raiders looking for a 1st-round pick in exchange for Amari Cooper October 15th, 2018
- Rams' Cooper Kupp (knee) diagnosed with MCL sprain October 15th, 2018
- Steelers not expecting Le'Veon Bell to report this week October 15th, 2018
- Pierre Garcon (shoulder) active for Niners on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- Matt Breida (ankle) active for the 49ers on Monday night October 15th, 2018
- Kenny Golladay goes for 98 yards, 1 touchdown in Lions' victory October 8th, 2018
- Lions' Kerryon Johnson questionable to return with ankle injury October 7th, 2018
- Packers' corner Jaire Alexander inactive versus Matthew Stafford, Lions October 7th, 2018
- Lions' Kenny Golladay projected for 7.28 targets in Week 5 October 6th, 2018
- LeGarrette Blount (illness) back at Lions practice Thursday October 4th, 2018
- Lions' LeGarrette Blount (illness) misses Wednesday's practice October 3rd, 2018