Broncos' Aqib Talib says he could be released this offseason
Denver Broncos cornerback Aquib Talib said that his status in Denver is "up in the air" for next season.
Talib repeatedly spoke about his want to return to the team. He said "there's a chance I will be back" and "I definitely want to be back." He added that he'd like to retire as a Bronco. But the truth is that the Broncos will be strapped for cash and releasing Talib would free up $11 million for Denver. And, with the younger Bradley Roby set to make $8.5 million in 2018, there might not be enough room to retain them both while bolstering a poor offense.
Talib rated out as Pro Football Focus' 13th-best cover corner. He produced 23 tackles, 7 passes defensed, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble and a touchdown in 15 starts this season.
- Blake Bortles reportedly agrees to 3-year, $54 million deal with Jaguars February 24th, 2018
- Torrey Smith 'expecting to be back' with Eagles in 2018 February 24th, 2018
- Steelers making no 'attempts to move' Martavis Bryant February 23rd, 2018
- David Harris retires after 11 NFL seasons February 23rd, 2018
- Report: 'Stunner' if Dolphins don't trade Jarvis Landry February 23rd, 2018
- Rams likely to move on from Trumaine Johnson February 23rd, 2018
- Broncos expected to make Trevor Siemian available via trade February 21st, 2018
- Report: Jets could offer Kirk Cousins $60 million in year one February 20th, 2018
- Broncos' Derek Wolfe says neck is 'fixed' February 15th, 2018
- Broncos' Von Miller: 'We need Kirk Cousins' January 31st, 2018
- Broncos' Aqib Talib says he could be released this offseason January 3rd, 2018
- Broncos' Trevor Siemian (shoulder) to undergo surgery on Wednesday January 2nd, 2018