Broncos' Aqib Talib says he could be released this offseason
Denver Broncos cornerback Aquib Talib said that his status in Denver is "up in the air" for next season.
Talib repeatedly spoke about his want to return to the team. He said "there's a chance I will be back" and "I definitely want to be back." He added that he'd like to retire as a Bronco. But the truth is that the Broncos will be strapped for cash and releasing Talib would free up $11 million for Denver. And, with the younger Bradley Roby set to make $8.5 million in 2018, there might not be enough room to retain them both while bolstering a poor offense.
Talib rated out as Pro Football Focus' 13th-best cover corner. He produced 23 tackles, 7 passes defensed, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble and a touchdown in 15 starts this season.
- Chargers' Hunter Henry tears ACL, likely out for 2018 season May 22nd, 2018
- Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick May 22nd, 2018
- Deshaun Watson (knee) throwing during Texans' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) to 'do everything' at Dolphins' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Curtis Samuel (ankle) participating in Panthers' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Odell Beckham (ankle) eager to do more at Giants' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Broncos sign second-rounder Courtland Sutton to four-year deal May 10th, 2018
- Denver Broncos use a third-round pick on Oregon RB Royce Freeman April 27th, 2018
- Denver Broncos select WR Courtland Sutton with the 40th pick April 27th, 2018
- Denver Broncos draft DE Bradley Chubb with the fifth pick in the 2018 NFL Draft April 26th, 2018
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Rapoport: Vikings acquire Trevor Siemian from Broncos to be Kirk Cousins' backup March 14th, 2018