Broncos' Aqib Talib says he could be released this offseason
Denver Broncos cornerback Aquib Talib said that his status in Denver is "up in the air" for next season.
Talib repeatedly spoke about his want to return to the team. He said "there's a chance I will be back" and "I definitely want to be back." He added that he'd like to retire as a Bronco. But the truth is that the Broncos will be strapped for cash and releasing Talib would free up $11 million for Denver. And, with the younger Bradley Roby set to make $8.5 million in 2018, there might not be enough room to retain them both while bolstering a poor offense.
Talib rated out as Pro Football Focus' 13th-best cover corner. He produced 23 tackles, 7 passes defensed, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble and a touchdown in 15 starts this season.
- Carlos Hyde impresses in Browns' second preseason game August 17th, 2018
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes completes 8-of-12 passes, tosses 69-yard touchdown on Friday August 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron will start in Friday's preseason game for Buffalo August 17th, 2018
- Chargers' Melvin Gordon looking to take his game to the next level in 2018 August 17th, 2018
- Giants' Eli Manning not expected to play on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Julio Jones expected to sit out Falcons' preseason game on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Cooper Kupp and Jared Goff connecting well at Rams' camp August 9th, 2018
- Schefter: Aaron Donald not reporting to Rams 'anytime soon' August 7th, 2018
- Schefter: Rams' Aaron Donald will hold out until new deal is signed July 26th, 2018
- Aaron Donald reportedly absent for first day of Rams camp July 25th, 2018
- Todd Gurley reportedly inks 4-year, $60 million extension with Rams July 24th, 2018
- Rams ink Brandin Cooks to a 5-year contract extension July 17th, 2018