Chad Henne loses quarterback competition in Jacksonville
Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne will serve as the team's backup quarterback heading into Week 1 of the regular season.
After a surprising but even more brief quarterback battle in Jacksonville, Blake Bortles has been named the team's Week 1 starter by head coach Doug Marrone. Henne -- after a poor showing in Thursday's start -- will return to the second quarterback spot as the Jaguars look for Bortles to produce like the promising quarterback they drafted him to be.
After the Saturday morning announcement, we now project Henne for just 279.8 yards, 1.3 touchdowns and 1.1 interceptions on 41.7 attempts in 2017.
- Royce Freeman reportedly sprains ankle in Broncos' win October 19th, 2018
- Larry Fitzgerald scores Cardinals' lone touchdown in blowout loss October 19th, 2018
- Phillip Lindsay finds the endzone in Broncos' dismantling of Cardinals October 18th, 2018
- Emmanuel Sanders catches and throws for touchdown passes in Broncos' win October 18th, 2018
- Dolphins' Frank Gore projected to be an RB3 in Week 7 October 18th, 2018
- Titans' Marcus Mariota projected to struggle again in Week 7 October 18th, 2018
- Travis Kelce catches 5 passes for 61 yards in Chiefs' loss October 15th, 2018
- Tyreek Hill scores 3 times as the Chiefs fall to Patriots in Week 6 October 14th, 2018
- Kareem Hunt totals 185 yards as Chiefs get edged out by Patriots October 14th, 2018
- Patrick Mahomes tosses 4 touchdown passes as Chiefs come up short October 14th, 2018
- Jared Goff has quiet day as Rams edge out Broncos October 14th, 2018
- Chiefs' De'Anthony Thomas (leg) placed on Injured Reserve October 13th, 2018