Chad Henne loses quarterback competition in Jacksonville
Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne will serve as the team's backup quarterback heading into Week 1 of the regular season.
After a surprising but even more brief quarterback battle in Jacksonville, Blake Bortles has been named the team's Week 1 starter by head coach Doug Marrone. Henne -- after a poor showing in Thursday's start -- will return to the second quarterback spot as the Jaguars look for Bortles to produce like the promising quarterback they drafted him to be.
After the Saturday morning announcement, we now project Henne for just 279.8 yards, 1.3 touchdowns and 1.1 interceptions on 41.7 attempts in 2017.
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- DeMarcus Lawrence refusing to sign franchise tender with Cowboys again February 19th, 2019
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski to decide in 'next couple weeks' February 19th, 2019
- Charles Clay joins Cardinals with 1-year deal February 19th, 2019
- Antonio Brown meets with Steelers owner, agree 'time to move on' February 19th, 2019
- Cowboys reportedly letting Terrance Williams walk February 18th, 2019
- Sammy Watkins hauls in 114 receiving for Kansas City on Sunday January 21st, 2019
- Patrick Mahomes throws for 295 yards, 3 touchdowns in Chiefs' AFC title game defeat January 21st, 2019
- Chiefs' Damien Williams scores three touchdowns in AFC title game loss January 21st, 2019
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) not on Chiefs' injury report for Championship Round January 18th, 2019
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) practicing in full for Chiefs January 18th, 2019
- Kansas City's Eric Berry (heel) fully participates in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019