Chad Henne loses quarterback competition in Jacksonville
Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne will serve as the team's backup quarterback heading into Week 1 of the regular season.
After a surprising but even more brief quarterback battle in Jacksonville, Blake Bortles has been named the team's Week 1 starter by head coach Doug Marrone. Henne -- after a poor showing in Thursday's start -- will return to the second quarterback spot as the Jaguars look for Bortles to produce like the promising quarterback they drafted him to be.
After the Saturday morning announcement, we now project Henne for just 279.8 yards, 1.3 touchdowns and 1.1 interceptions on 41.7 attempts in 2017.
- Bears reportedly release Taylor Gabriel on Friday February 21st, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release Jordan Reed on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) to be ready for start of regular season February 17th, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes wins Super Bowl LIV MVP in Chiefs' comeback over 49ers February 3rd, 2020
- Kansas City's LeSean McCoy inactive for Super Bowl Sunday February 2nd, 2020
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill scores 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship victory against Tennessee January 19th, 2020
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes accounts for 4 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship win January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins explodes for 114 yards and a score in Sunday's AFC Championship victory over Titans January 19th, 2020
- Chiefs' LeSean McCoy inactive for AFC Championship game against Titans January 19th, 2020