Chad Henne loses quarterback competition in Jacksonville
Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne will serve as the team's backup quarterback heading into Week 1 of the regular season.
After a surprising but even more brief quarterback battle in Jacksonville, Blake Bortles has been named the team's Week 1 starter by head coach Doug Marrone. Henne -- after a poor showing in Thursday's start -- will return to the second quarterback spot as the Jaguars look for Bortles to produce like the promising quarterback they drafted him to be.
After the Saturday morning announcement, we now project Henne for just 279.8 yards, 1.3 touchdowns and 1.1 interceptions on 41.7 attempts in 2017.
- Parris Campbell should see time as the Colts' third receiver June 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Mike Williams ready for 'expanded role' in 2019 June 16th, 2019
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette expects to have a role in 2019 passing game June 15th, 2019
- Rams will extend Jared Goff, coach says June 13th, 2019
- Theo Riddick could be on the Lions' roster bubble June 13th, 2019
- Lions' Kerryon Johnson could catch 60 passes, writer pedicts June 13th, 2019
- Travis Kelce (ankle) expects to be at full strength by Chiefs camp June 13th, 2019
- Chiefs insist Damien Williams is the team's starting running back May 31st, 2019
- Colts sign Spencer Ware April 30th, 2019
- Jamaal Charles retiring after 11 seasons April 30th, 2019
- Chiefs acquire Frank Clark from Seattle for picks April 23rd, 2019
- Jeremy Maclin hangs them up March 25th, 2019