Ryan Fitzpatrick wants to continue NFL career
Free agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick wants to continue his playing career.
"I'm working out, excited for my next opportunity," he said. "Once the draft happens, the picture will become much clearer. Last year was the most difficult year for me. Not physically, just kind of mentally and emotionally. I had to take a step back and think about it. Is this something I still want to do?" The 34-year-old has decided he wants to keep going, though it's unclear if he'll get that opportunity after his disastrous 2016. Fitzpatrick would be lucky to land a backup job.
By generating -0.01 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back, Fitzpatrick earned more value than just seven other passers among the 39 who dropped back at least 100 times in 2016.
- Pats' Rob Gronkowski (concussion) officially out for rest of Sunday's game January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (head) questionable to return for Patriots on Sunday January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette are co-favorites to score first touchdown in AFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Case Keenum reportedly may receive franchise tag from Vikings January 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Adam Thielen dealing with 'slight' back fractures for NFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) to play for Vikings in NFC Championship Game January 21st, 2018
- Report: 'No chance' Buccaneers retain Doug Martin January 17th, 2018
- Doug Martin blamed for bulk of Buccaneers' rushing issues January 16th, 2018
- Buccaneeers' T.J. Ward arrested for possession on Wednesday January 3rd, 2018
- DeSean Jackson (ankle) is inactive Sunday for Buccaneers December 31st, 2017
- Buccaneers to reportedly retain Dirk Koetter for 2018 December 29th, 2017
- Cameron Brate (hip, knee) is active Sunday for Tampa Bay December 24th, 2017