Ryan Fitzpatrick wants to continue NFL career
Free agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick wants to continue his playing career.
"I'm working out, excited for my next opportunity," he said. "Once the draft happens, the picture will become much clearer. Last year was the most difficult year for me. Not physically, just kind of mentally and emotionally. I had to take a step back and think about it. Is this something I still want to do?" The 34-year-old has decided he wants to keep going, though it's unclear if he'll get that opportunity after his disastrous 2016. Fitzpatrick would be lucky to land a backup job.
By generating -0.01 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back, Fitzpatrick earned more value than just seven other passers among the 39 who dropped back at least 100 times in 2016.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- Tampa Bay's DeSean Jackson (ankle) could sit out Thursday's game August 17th, 2017
- Buccaneers part ways with second-round bust Roberto Aguayo August 12th, 2017
- Jeremy McNichols' understanding of Buccaneers' playbook lacking August 10th, 2017
- Buccaneers' Doug Martin (suspended) gets majority of first-team reps August 7th, 2017
- Jacquizz Rodgers to start for Buccaneers Weeks 1-3 July 28th, 2017
- Jameis Winston throwing lots of interceptions in Buccaneers' workouts June 16th, 2017