Ryan Fitzpatrick wants to continue NFL career
Free agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick wants to continue his playing career.
"I'm working out, excited for my next opportunity," he said. "Once the draft happens, the picture will become much clearer. Last year was the most difficult year for me. Not physically, just kind of mentally and emotionally. I had to take a step back and think about it. Is this something I still want to do?" The 34-year-old has decided he wants to keep going, though it's unclear if he'll get that opportunity after his disastrous 2016. Fitzpatrick would be lucky to land a backup job.
By generating -0.01 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back, Fitzpatrick earned more value than just seven other passers among the 39 who dropped back at least 100 times in 2016.
- Giants add Wayne Gallman to running back core with the 140th pick April 29th, 2017
- Packers draft BYU running back Jamaal Williams April 29th, 2017
- 49ers move up to draft Joe Williams at 121 April 29th, 2017
- Redskins take Samaje Perine 114th overall April 29th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Kapri Bibbs from Broncos for a 2018 fourth-round pick April 29th, 2017
- Jaguars select Dede Westbrook at 110th overall April 29th, 2017
- ArDarius Stewart replenishes Jets receiving corps at 79th overall April 28th, 2017
- Marcus Maye joins Jets' stacked secondary at 39th pick April 28th, 2017
- Jets still working phones to trade Sheldon Richardson April 28th, 2017
- Sheldon Richardson attended Jets' voluntary workouts April 23rd, 2017
- Sheldon Richardson could be dealt as Jets blow things up April 7th, 2017
- Jets may part ways with Eric Decker before season April 7th, 2017