Ryan Fitzpatrick wants to continue NFL career
Free agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick wants to continue his playing career.
"I'm working out, excited for my next opportunity," he said. "Once the draft happens, the picture will become much clearer. Last year was the most difficult year for me. Not physically, just kind of mentally and emotionally. I had to take a step back and think about it. Is this something I still want to do?" The 34-year-old has decided he wants to keep going, though it's unclear if he'll get that opportunity after his disastrous 2016. Fitzpatrick would be lucky to land a backup job.
By generating -0.01 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back, Fitzpatrick earned more value than just seven other passers among the 39 who dropped back at least 100 times in 2016.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Jameis Winston throwing lots of interceptions in Buccaneers' workouts June 16th, 2017
- Buccaneers' Doug Martin looks like the 2015 version of himself June 16th, 2017
- Ryan Fitzpatrick heading to Tampa Bay on one-year deal May 19th, 2017
- Mike Evans says DeSean Jackson will be 'very helpful' in Buccaneers' offense May 18th, 2017
- Buccaneers' Noah Spence drops 10 pounds to add speed May 13th, 2017
- Buccaneers expect big bounce back from Doug Martin May 10th, 2017