Ryan Fitzpatrick wants to continue NFL career
Free agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick wants to continue his playing career.
"I'm working out, excited for my next opportunity," he said. "Once the draft happens, the picture will become much clearer. Last year was the most difficult year for me. Not physically, just kind of mentally and emotionally. I had to take a step back and think about it. Is this something I still want to do?" The 34-year-old has decided he wants to keep going, though it's unclear if he'll get that opportunity after his disastrous 2016. Fitzpatrick would be lucky to land a backup job.
By generating -0.01 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back, Fitzpatrick earned more value than just seven other passers among the 39 who dropped back at least 100 times in 2016.
- Jets' Josh McCown blows up for 4 touchdowns in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Marcus Mariota underwhelms in Titans' OT win over Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Carson Palmer to have surgery on left arm, out eight weeks October 22nd, 2017
- Saints' Drew Brees records his second 300-yard game of the season October 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky completes just 4 passes in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Cam Newton throws 2 picks as Panthers lose in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Jameis Winston goes off for 384 passing yards and 3 scores in Bucs' loss October 22nd, 2017
- Jameis Winston (shoulder) active for Buccaneers Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston (shoulder) will start on Sunday October 20th, 2017
- Jameis Winston expected to do more at Buccaneers' practice Friday October 19th, 2017
- Jameis Winston's (shoulder) status in doubt for Buccaneers in Week 7 October 19th, 2017
- Jameis Winston (shoulder) expected to throw Thursday at Buccaneers' practice October 19th, 2017