Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million
The Washington Football Team is signing quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, formerly of the Miami Dolphins, to a one-year, $10 million contract.
Fitzpatrick will join his ninth NFL team and he has a great shot at earning the starting job over Taylor Heinicke, who signed for $8.75 over two years earlier this offseason. The 38-year-old veteran will also have a significantly superior collection of pass-catchers in Washington, compared to what he had to work with on the Dolphins last season. Fitzpatrick won four of seven starts in 2020 while completing a career-high 68.5 percent of his passes with 13 touchdowns and 8 picks.
Fitzmagic averaged 17.9 FanDuel points per game last year and added the 11th-most Passing Net Expected Points per dropback among the 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 dropbacks. He has graded above 75.0 on Pro Football Focus each of the last three seasons after finishing below that mark in each of his first 13 years in the NFL.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Jaguars reportedly sign Marvin Jones to 2-year, $9.2 million fully guaranteed deal March 16th, 2021
- Texans sign Tyrod Taylor to one-year deal worth up to $12.5 million March 16th, 2021
- Miguel Rojas sitting Monday for Miami May 10th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Schefter: Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Texans January 28th, 2021
- Dolphins' Jakeem Grant (hamstring) out for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- DeVante Parker (hamstring) active for Dolphins in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021