Dolphins release Mario Williams after free agent failure
The Miami Dolphins released defensive lineman Mario Williams.
The move comes as absolutely no surprise after Williams recorded a career-worst 1.5 sacks in 2016 and was a healthy scratch for the final game of the regular season. Miami saves $8.5 against the cup by releasing him. There likely won't be much demand on the open market for a 32-year-old Williams.
The Dolphins finished the season ranked 18th in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Vikings' Teddy Bridgewater (knee) practices but is not expected to play in Week 7 October 18th, 2017
- Falcons' Julio Jones (hip) removed from the injury report October 18th, 2017
- Matt Forte (knee, toe) limited for Jets at Wednesday's practice October 18th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) limited at practice on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Mike Wallace (back) limited at Ravens' practice on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) doesn't practice for Titans Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- DeVante Parker (ankle) not practicing for Dolphins Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- DeVante Parker (ankle) remains day-to-day for Dolphins October 18th, 2017
- Jarvis Landry scores as Dolphins upset Falcons in Week 6 October 16th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi rushes for 130 yards in Dolphins' upset win October 15th, 2017
- Dolphins' Jay Cutler has another quiet day in win over Falcons October 15th, 2017
- Leonte Carroo starting for Dolphins in Week 6 October 15th, 2017