Dolphins release Mario Williams after free agent failure
The Miami Dolphins released defensive lineman Mario Williams.
The move comes as absolutely no surprise after Williams recorded a career-worst 1.5 sacks in 2016 and was a healthy scratch for the final game of the regular season. Miami saves $8.5 against the cup by releasing him. There likely won't be much demand on the open market for a 32-year-old Williams.
The Dolphins finished the season ranked 18th in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) medically cleared to return for Green Bay December 12th, 2017
- Eric Ebron facing a tough matchup in Week 15 as Lions host the Bears December 12th, 2017
- Patriots' Malcolm Mitchell (knee) unlikely to play this season December 12th, 2017
- Jets place Josh McCown (hand) on IR December 12th, 2017
- Bears' Dontrelle Inman poised for a bounce-back performance in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Adam Shaheen (chest) limited in Bears' practice on Tuesday December 12th, 2017
- Julius Thomas catches 2 passes for Dolphins in Week 14 December 12th, 2017
- Kenny Stills slows down for Dolphins on Monday night December 12th, 2017
- DeVante Parker catches 4 passes for 40 yards as Dolphins defeat New England December 12th, 2017
- Dolphins' Kenyan Drake racks up 193 yards on 30 touches on Monday night December 11th, 2017
- Jarvis Landry finds the endzone twice in Dolphins' Week 14 win December 11th, 2017
- Jay Cutler throws for 3 TDs as Dolphins upset Patriots December 11th, 2017