Jets waive Zac Stacy and sign Bernard Pierce
The New York Jets signed running back Bernard Pierce after waiving Zac Stacy due to a failed physical.
Stacy is still working his way back from a broken ankle that was suffered last season, but the Jets are more willing to roll with the suspended Bernard Pierce on the training camp roster. Pierce is suspended for the first two weeks of the season, but is eligible to participate in camp and preseason. He's no lock to make the final 53-man roster either, as the Jets are already pretty deep at running back.
Before today, our algorithms projected Stacy to turn eight carries into 28 rushing yards in 2016, while catching four passes for 29 yards through the air. Pierce isn't likely to do much more than that.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Jets sign wide receiver Corey Davis to three-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Schefter: Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Texans January 28th, 2021
- Jets fire Adam Gase following Week 17's loss to New England January 3rd, 2021
- La'Mical Perine tests positive for COVID-19, out Week 17 December 30th, 2020
- Jets' Frank Gore (lung) ruled out for Week 17 finale December 28th, 2020
- Jamison Crowder throws, catches touchdown as Jets win again December 28th, 2020