Cam Akers joins Viking in trade from Rams
Former Los Angeles Rams running back Cam Akers was traded to the Minnesota Vikings on Tuesday.
Earlier this week the Rams said they were willing to listen to trade offers for Akers and a couple of days later a deal has been made. Akers will move to Minnesota along with a conditional 2026 seventh-round pick in exchange for a conditional 2026 sixth-round pick. Akers' arrival provides more backfield competition for Alexander Mattison and could see Ty Chandler relegated to third on the depth chart. In Los Angeles, Kyren Williams looks set to continue in his role as a feature back.
In his only game played for the Rams this season, Akers recorded 29 rushing yards and 1 rushing touchdown on 22 carries.
- Kenny Pickett (ankle) could be limited at Steelers practice November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Zack Moss set for increased role with Jonathan Taylor (thumb) sidelined November 28th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited again Tuesday for Cowboys November 28th, 2023
- Seahawks' Kenneth Walker (oblique) DNP on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release running back Keaontay Ingram on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Jonathan Taylor needs thumb surgery, 'hopeful' to return in 2-to-3 weeks November 28th, 2023
- Rapoport: Vikings will activate Justin Jefferson (hamstring) off injured reserve on Tuesday, expected to play in Week 14 November 28th, 2023
- Vikings rule out Justin Jefferson (hamstring) for Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Vikings' Ty Chandler to continue having 'enhanced role' in Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Justin Jefferson (hamstring) expected back after Vikings bye November 27th, 2023
- Justin Jefferson (hamstring) questionable for Vikings in Week 12 MNF November 25th, 2023
- Justin Jefferson (hamstring) puts in limited practice Thursday for Vikings November 23rd, 2023