Zach Wilson named Jets starter moving forward
New York Jets quarterback Zach Wilson is the starter moving forward, head coach Robert Saleh confirmed Tuesday.
"I want to make it very clear, Zach's our quarterback," Saleh reiterated to the media Tuesday. "We have a lot of faith in Zach. We're rolling with Zach and excited for him." The Jets will also pursue a veteran to add after they lost Aaron Rodgers (Achilles) for the season, but Wilson is locked in as the starter ahead of a tough Week 2 matchup with the Dallas Cowboys. Garrett Wilson, Allen Lazard, Mecole Hardman, and Tyler Conklin should all be downgraded for the rest of the season.
Among the 32 quarterbacks with at least 20 dropbacks in Week 1, Wilson ranked 15th in numberFire's adjusted passing metric. Our models project him for 12.1 FanDuel points in Week 2 and he's the last ranked starting quarterback on the board. The Cowboys allowed have the top-ranked adjusted pass defense in the NFL, according to numberFire’s metrics.
- Kenny Pickett (ankle) could be limited at Steelers practice November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Zack Moss set for increased role with Jonathan Taylor (thumb) sidelined November 28th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited again Tuesday for Cowboys November 28th, 2023
- Seahawks' Kenneth Walker (oblique) DNP on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release running back Keaontay Ingram on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Jonathan Taylor needs thumb surgery, 'hopeful' to return in 2-to-3 weeks November 28th, 2023
- Allen Lazard officially a healthy Week 12 scratch for Jets November 24th, 2023
- Allen Lazard reportedly inactive Week 12 for Jets November 24th, 2023
- Garrett Wilson (elbow) upgraded Wednesday for Jets November 22nd, 2023
- Garrett Wilson (elbow) limited for Jets to start short week November 21st, 2023
- Rapoport: Tim Boyle taking over as Jets starter Week 12 November 20th, 2023
- Jets' Zach Wilson loses starting job to Tim Boyle November 20th, 2023