Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa practicing 'jiu jitsu falling' for injury prevention purposes
The Miami Dolphins are working with quarterback Tua Tagovailoa on methods of preventing further head injuries, including "jiu jitsu falling", The Athletic' Zak Keefer reports.
The Dolphins looked like a force to be reckoned with when Tagovailoa was healthy last year, but his repeated head injuries cast a shadow over the team's whole season. This offseason, Tagovailoa and the Dolphins are taking more preventative measures to keep the quarterback out of danger, including working on the way he falls after quarterback hits. Hopefully their efforts pay off during the regular season, enabling Tagovailoa to play his first full NFL season in 2023.
When things were clicking for the Dolphins last year, Tagovailoa was literally the most efficient quarterback in the NFL; he finished the campaign with an elite 9.2 yards per attempt mark. He's numberFire's QB12 for fantasy this season as he looks to continue elevating both Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle as top-tier receivers.
- Kenny Pickett (ankle) could be limited at Steelers practice November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Zack Moss set for increased role with Jonathan Taylor (thumb) sidelined November 28th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited again Tuesday for Cowboys November 28th, 2023
- Seahawks' Kenneth Walker (oblique) DNP on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release running back Keaontay Ingram on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Jonathan Taylor needs thumb surgery, 'hopeful' to return in 2-to-3 weeks November 28th, 2023
- De'Von Achane (knee) officially out Friday for Dolphins November 24th, 2023
- De'Von Achane (knee) likely out Friday afternoon for Dolphins November 24th, 2023
- Dolphins' Raheem Mostert (ankle, knee) off final injury report November 23rd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tyreek Hill (hand) limited again Thursday; no injury designation for Friday November 23rd, 2023
- Dolphins' De'Von Achane (knee) officially questionable for Week 12 November 23rd, 2023
- Miami's Tyreek Hill (hand) limited again on Wednesday November 22nd, 2023