Colts select Anthony Richardson fourth overall in 2023 NFL Draft
The Indianapolis Colts have selected Florida quarterback Anthony Richardson with the fourth overall pick of the 2023 NFL Draft.
The Colts stayed pat at the fourth overall pick and selected their quarterback of the future in Florida Gators quarterback Anthony Richardson. Richardson blew up the NFL Combine, posting off-the-charts size-adjusted athleticism. The Colts have spent the past several seasons trying to make ends meet with veteran quarterbacks, but will stake out a new future with Richardson at the helm.
Richardson posted an amazing 4.43-second 40-yard dash at 6'4", 244 pounds at the Combine, and showed off his elite athleticism by posting 654 rushing yards and 9 rushing touchdowns in his final season with the Gators. The exciting young quarterback is still growing as a passer, and completed 53.8% of his passes for 2,549 yards, 17 scores, and 9 interceptions in 2022.
- Jets see quarterback Zach Wilson 'taking the right steps' September 21st, 2023
- Bills' Latavius Murray on goal line usage: 'That's why I'm here' September 21st, 2023
- Giants' Saquon Barkley dealing with high ankle sprain September 21st, 2023
- Graziano: Bears' Roschon Johnson could see role grow after strong Week 2 September 21st, 2023
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (ribs) DNP again on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Titans' Derrick Henry (toe, rest) DNP on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Anthony Richardson (concussion) absent again Thursday for Colts September 21st, 2023
- Colts' Evan Hull done for season with torn meniscus September 21st, 2023
- Colts' Anthony Richardson (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 20th, 2023
- Colts' Anthony Richardson officially in concussion protocol September 18th, 2023
- Colts' Anthony Richardson (concussion) will not return in Week 2 September 17th, 2023
- Colts' Anthony Richardson being evaluated for concussion; Gardner Minshew in September 17th, 2023