Broncos' Russell Wilson (knee) cleared to resume throwing
Denver Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson underwent arthroscopic knee surgery earlier this offseason, but "should be fine for OTAs" Ian Rapoport reports.
Wilson had a procedure done on his knee to resolve an issue that reportedly nagged him over the past few seasons, but by all accounts this seems to have been a very minor operation. The former Seahawk has already been cleared to resume working out and throwing, and is expected to be at full health for the team's upcoming OTA workouts. New head coach Sean Payton similarly downplayed the injury in a recent press conference, saying, "That’s something we’re probably not going to talk about, probably ever."
Wilson truly struggled in his first season away from the Seahawks, leading the Broncos to a brutal 4-11 record while posting career lows in passing touchdowns (16) and completion percentage (60.5%) and absorbing a career-high 55 sacks in 15 games, which tied for the most in the league in 2022. There's reason for optimism, though, with the arrival of Sean Payton in Denver and the team's additions to the offensive line in free agency this spring.
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy (elbow) on track to begin throwing in June May 25th, 2023
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) sidelined for Colts OTAs, planning for training camp return May 25th, 2023
- Broncos' Javonte Williams (knee) practicing 'in a limited capacity' May 25th, 2023
- Russell Wilson 'leaner and meaner' for Broncos May 25th, 2023
- Broncos exercise Jerry Jeudy's fifth-year option May 4th, 2023
- Broncos 'won't know...for a while' about Javonte Williams' (knee) health March 27th, 2023
- Broncos' Russell Wilson (knee) cleared to resume throwing March 27th, 2023
- Broncos sign running back Samaje Perine to 2-year contract on Tuesday March 14th, 2023