Dolphins pick up Tua Tagovailoa's fifth-year option
Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa had his fifth-year option picked up by the team on Friday.
Tagovailoa will be guaranteed $23.2 million in 2024 and is now tied to Miami for at least two more season. The decision to pick up Tagovailoa's fifth-year option shows a commitment from Miami to their former fifth overall pick in 2020. The two sides may work a long-term deal to extend Tagovailoa beyond 2024, but for now his short-term future is secure.
In 13 games played last season, Tagovailoa completed 259 of 400 pass attempts for 3,548 yards, 25 touchdowns, and 8 interceptions.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Dolphins re-sign running back Jeff Wilson to 2-year contract March 14th, 2023
- Raheem Mostert re-signs with Dolphins on 2-year deal March 14th, 2023
- Dolphins sign Mike White to two-year contract March 13th, 2023
- Dolphins pick up Tua Tagovailoa's fifth-year option March 10th, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Dolphins' Jaylen Waddle (shoulder) returns to Wild Card clash with Bills January 15th, 2023