Jaguars use franchise tag on tight end Evan Engram
The Jacksonville Jaguars have applied the franchise tag to tight end Evan Engram.
Engram signed a one-year deal with the Jaguars prior to the 2022 season and was set to become a free agent this offseason, but will now remain with the team after posting the best season of his career. The team could still work out a more long-term contract with the former first-round pick.
Engram was pivotal to the Jaguars' offensive bounce-back in 2022 after their concerning 2021 performance, with his 73 catches, 766 yards, and 4 touchdowns each ranking third on the team. His emergence in the second half of the season helped propel the offense on their way to a 6-1 record in their final 7 games of the regular season, and his 7 catches for 93 yards and a touchdown in the Wild Card Round helped give the team their first postseason victory since 2017.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Jaguars use franchise tag on tight end Evan Engram March 6th, 2023
- NFL reinstates Jaguars receiver Calvin Ridley March 6th, 2023
- Trevor Lawrence (toe) will play in Jacksonville's Week 18 matchup January 7th, 2023
- Trevor Lawrence (toe) questionable for Jaguars Saturday night January 5th, 2023
- Jaguars' Trevor Lawrence (toe) limited on Wednesday January 4th, 2023
- Jags pull Trevor Lawrence in third quarter of Week 17 blowout; C.J. Beathard in January 1st, 2023