Bucs pull Tom Brady in Week 18; Blaine Gabbert in at quarterback
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have replaced starting quarterback Tom Brady with Blaine Gabbert for "non-injury reasons" in their Week 18 game against the Atlanta Falcons.
The Bucs have already guaranteed themselves a spot in the playoffs, so it is not overly surprising that the team would decide to cut Brady's day short. Blaine Gabbert will take over for Brady and will likely finish out today's game.
Brady will finish his day with 13 completions on 17 attempts, 84 yards, and 1 touchdown.
- Irv Smith Jr. agreeing on deal with Bengals March 28th, 2023
- Saints' Michael Thomas (toe) still recovering March 28th, 2023
- Panthers' D.J. Chark underwent recent ankle surgery March 28th, 2023
- Broncos 'won't know...for a while' about Javonte Williams' (knee) health March 27th, 2023
- Bills want Josh Allen (elbow) taking fewer hits in 2023 March 27th, 2023
- Ravens' John Harbaugh a 'big believer' in Rashod Bateman (foot) March 27th, 2023
- Chase Edmonds signing with Buccaneers March 16th, 2023
- Baker Mayfield signs 1-year deal with Buccaneers March 15th, 2023
- Bucs 'expected' to target quarterback Baker Mayfield as free agency opens March 12th, 2023
- Pelissero: Buccaneers reportedly plan to release running back Leonard Fournette February 28th, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Buccaneers' Mike Evans (illness) logs full practice on Thursday January 12th, 2023