Tom Brady announces second retirement
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady announced his retirement from the NFL on Wednesday morning.
Brady said he is retiring "for good" in a video posted on his personal social media account. The 45-year-old, seven-time Super Bowl winner leaves as the league's all-time leader in passing yards (89,214) and touchdown passes (649). As for the Buccaneers, they are expected to go into rebuild mode with 2021 second-round pick Kyle Trask at quarterback.
Brady averaged 16.9 FanDuel points per game last season, and among the 47 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, he ranked 13th in Passing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Austin Hooper, Raiders agree to deal March 24th, 2023
- Jamison Crowder joining Giants March 24th, 2023
- Panthers reportedly add wide receiver D.J. Chark on Friday March 24th, 2023
- Nelson Agholor signing with Ravens for a season March 24th, 2023
- Jets trading Elijah Moore to Cleveland Browns March 22nd, 2023
- Jets hire Mecole Hardman for 2023 March 22nd, 2023
- Chase Edmonds signing with Buccaneers March 16th, 2023
- Baker Mayfield signs 1-year deal with Buccaneers March 15th, 2023
- Bucs 'expected' to target quarterback Baker Mayfield as free agency opens March 12th, 2023
- Pelissero: Buccaneers reportedly plan to release running back Leonard Fournette February 28th, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Buccaneers' Mike Evans (illness) logs full practice on Thursday January 12th, 2023