Saints' Michael Thomas expected to start early in rookie season
New Orleans Saints second-round wide receiver Michael Thomas is expected to play immediate snaps on offense as a rookie.
Not groundbreaking news, but noteworthy. With the release of Marques Colston earlier this offseason and drop-prone Brandon Coleman as the other "big" receiver, Thomas may not face much in the form of competition. Brandin Cooks and Willie Snead will provide the speed, while Thomas, Coleman, and Coby Fleener figure to be the tall towers for quarterback Drew Brees. Thomas also brings a big-play element to his game that Coleman doesn't possess.
Cooks, Snead, and Colston all ranked in the top-50 Reception Net Expected Points per target of wide receivers with at least 50 targets in 2015. That said, they all ranked 35th or lower, so Thomas's game-breaking ability will be a welcome addition to the team's toolbox.
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options" January 16th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (hamstring) active for Saturday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Rondale Moore (ankle) questionable for Arizona's Wild Card injury matchup against Rams January 15th, 2022
- Arizona's Chase Edmonds (ribs/toe) available for Monday's Wild Card contest January 15th, 2022
- James Conner (heel/rib) listed as questionable on Cardinals' Wild Card injury report January 15th, 2022
- Tampa Bay's Leonard Fournette (hamstring) reportedly out for Sunday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) out for Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Tre'Quan Smith (chest) returns to Saints practice January 6th, 2022
- Mark Ingram (knee) on track for Saints in Week 18 January 6th, 2022
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) out for Week 17 January 2nd, 2022
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) considered unlikely to play in Week 17 January 2nd, 2022
- Saints' Taysom Hill activated from reserve/COVID list on Wednesday December 29th, 2021