Cam Akers (personal) likely to remain out for Rams Week 8
Los Angeles Rams running back Cam Akers (personal) is unlikely to play against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday in Week 8, per head coach Sean McVay.
McVay said the Rams are discussing potential trades for Akers, but he expects the 2020 second-rounder to remain inactive for another game. Darrell Henderson will lead the backfield versus the 49ers in a tough matchup and Malcolm Brown is expected to be the primary backup.
Henderson is the RB27 in numberFire's Week 8 rankings and our models project him for 13.5 touches and 62.5 yards. Brown (RB50) is projected for 6.5 touches and 28.7 yards. The 49ers are allowing the fourth-fewest FanDuel points per game to the running back position this season, but their run defense is a less daunting No. 14 in our schedule-adjusted metrics.
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) questionable to return for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) won't play for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Update: Josh Johnson (concussion) ruled out for 49ers in NFC Championship Game; Brock Purdy (elbow) remains at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) will play in AFC Championship Game for Kansas City January 29th, 2023
- Travis Kelce (back) active for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Tyler Higbee (elbow) expected to play in Rams' Week 17 matchup December 31st, 2022
- Ben Skowronek (calf) out for remainder of Rams' 2022 season December 20th, 2022
- Schefter: Rams expected to start Baker Mayfield in Week 15 December 13th, 2022
- John Wolford (neck) officially starting for Rams in Week 14; Baker Mayfield expected to see time December 8th, 2022
- John Wolford (neck) in line to start Thursday for Rams December 8th, 2022
- Rams' Brandon Powell (illness) active Thursday for Week 14 December 8th, 2022