Browns' Deshaun Watson suspension could be entire 2022 season
Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson could be suspended for "the entire 2022 season, if not indefinitely," reports Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network.
Wilson reports that "there is concern from the NFL Players Association" about the length of Watson's suspension. Josina Anderson of CBS also reported earlier Friday that negotiations over potential discipline "fell apart" between the NFL, NFLPA, and Watson's advisors over the number of games missed. According to Wilson, the Browns "are expected to go forward with Jacoby Brissett rather than try to reconcile with Mayfield" if Watson is suspended at the start of the season.
Assuming that Watson is active for all 17 games, he is currently the QB11 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 4,325.2 passing yards with 23.97 touchdowns and 10.9 interceptions, and 534.7 rushing yards with 4.63 touchdowns.
- Jets' Zach Wilson suffers knee injury in preseason clash with Eagles August 12th, 2022
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (hamstring) not expected to play in preseason August 12th, 2022
- Falcons' Drake London (knee) exits preseason game early August 12th, 2022
- Miles Sanders regressing as pass-catcher for Eagles August 12th, 2022
- George Pickens shining at Steelers camp August 12th, 2022
- 49ers pay tribute to Trey Sermon at training camp August 12th, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson suspended 6 games August 1st, 2022
- Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers July 6th, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson suspension could be entire 2022 season June 24th, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Rapoport: Baker Mayfield likely sticking with Browns through draft April 25th, 2022