Rams' Cam Akers feeling "100 percent" heading into 2022
Los Angeles Rams running back Cam Akers (Achilles) told The Athletic's Jourdan Rodrigue that he is feeling "100 percent" healthy again this offseason.
Akers made a borderline miraculous comeback last season, somehow recovering from his torn Achilles tendon in time for the Rams' successful playoff run. Almost a year removed from his initial injury, Akers should be a full go for the 2022 season. Rodrigue also added that she expects the Rams to give Akers more work in the passing game this season than he had season in either of his first two years.
Akers is currently the fantasy RB15 in numberFire's projections for the 2022 NFL season, with 259 carries for 1139 yards and 9 touchdowns. We also project his passing game usage to increase, to the tune of 41 receptions for 321 yards and another 3 touchdowns.
- Jaylen Warren establishing himself as No. 2 Steelers rusher August 18th, 2022
- Nelson Agholor serving as Top-3 receiver for Patriots in camp August 18th, 2022
- Vikings' Irv Smith Jr. (thumb) "on track" for Week 1 August 18th, 2022
- Joe Burrow (appendectomy) back in team drills for Bengals August 18th, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson officially suspended for 11 games August 18th, 2022
- Michael Pittman Jr. "dominates" Colts joint camp with Lions August 18th, 2022
- Rodrigue: Darrell Henderson splitting 'first-team reps pretty evenly' in Rams' training camp August 12th, 2022
- Rams' Darrell Henderson participating in training camp July 25th, 2022
- Rams' Matthew Stafford (elbow) a full participant to open training camp July 25th, 2022
- Allen Robinson excited to display "all elements" of his game in Rams' offense July 20th, 2022
- Matthew Stafford believes Rams offense can be even better July 8th, 2022
- Rams' Cam Akers feeling "100 percent" heading into 2022 June 20th, 2022