Saints restructure Michael Thomas' contract
The New Orleans Saints and wide receiver Michael Thomas have agreed to a restructured contract for the 2022 NFL season.
The move converted almost $15 million of Thomas' 2022 compensation into a signing bonus, freeing up cap space for the team while simultaneously all but locking in Thomas for the upcoming season. The relationship between the two parties has been described as tumultuous at points over the past two seasons, but both Thomas and the Saints appear to be content with how things stand as they head into the new season.
Thomas missed the entirety of the 2021 NFL season after suffering a devastating ankle injury in 2020. His recovery process from that injury (and communication with the team about it) became a point of contention during the season, but the star receiver appears to be on the mend and ramping up for the upcoming season. When we last saw Thomas healthy, he was tearing the league up on his way to 149 catches for 1,725 yards and 9 scores back in 2019.
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Saints' Alvin Kamara anticipating 6-game suspension June 24th, 2022
- Jameis Winston (knee) active at Saints OTAs May 26th, 2022
- Saints' Michael Thomas still has "a few hurdles" to climb in return from ankle injury May 6th, 2022
- Saints trade up, select Chris Olave eleventh overall April 28th, 2022
- Saints re-sign receiver Tre'Quan Smith March 28th, 2022
- Saints and quarterback Jameis Winston agree to two-year contract March 21st, 2022