Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) 'doing good' on 49ers bye
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) is "doing good" during the team's Week 6 bye, per head coach Kyle Shanahan.
“We’ll see when we get back [after the bye week]," Shanahan said. "I think he’ll be ready to go next week when we get back. That’s the plan. I know he’s doing a lot better now than he was last week.” Shanahan added that he's reluctant to “set it in stone” because calf injuries can be “a little bit weird." Trey Lance is dealing with a knee injury that he suffered on Sunday in his first NFL start, but even if he's ready for Week 7, Shanahan seems to be indicating that Garoppolo is still the starter when healthy.
Jimmy G is averaging 16.7 FanDuel points in completed starts this season and Lance scored 15.6 FanDuel points in his one start. They are ranked 13th and 21st, respectively, in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back this season.
- Curtis Samuel (groin) expected to play in Week 13's matchup against Raiders December 4th, 2021
- Wendell Smallwood elevated from Washington's practice squad, eligible for Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Seahawks promote Adrian Peterson to active roster, expected to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Pittsburgh's T.J. Watt activated from COVID-19 reserve list, eligible to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Chase Claypool (toe) not listed on Steelers' Week 13 injury report December 3rd, 2021
- Jacksonville's James Robinson (heel) questionable for Week 13's game against Rams December 3rd, 2021
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (groin) officially ruled out for Week 13 December 3rd, 2021
- Jauan Jennings could be 49ers No. 2 wideout Week 13 November 30th, 2021
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (groin) expected "to miss a little time" November 29th, 2021
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (groin) to undergo MRI Monday, not too concerned November 28th, 2021
- Deebo Samuel (groin) questionable to return for 49ers in Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (ribs, finger) officially active for Week 12 November 28th, 2021