49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) has a chance to play in Week 5
San Francisco 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) has a chance to play in Week 5, per Adam Schefter.
Despite a report earlier today that Garoppolo would be looking at a potential multi-week absence, it now appears the veteran quarterback has a chance to play in Week 5. However, Shanahan has been notably mysterious and misleading to the press this whole offseason, so it's worth taking this statement with a grain of salt for now.
As of this writing, Trey Lance seems like the most likely starter for Week 5. Lance had a solid, if up-and-down, performance in the second half of Week 4, completing 9 of 18 passes for 157 yards and 2 scores, taking 1 sack while rushing 7 times for 41 yards and a 2-point conversion. Most of Lance's passing production came on a disastrously broken defensive play by the Seattle Seahawks, but he did instill some life in the 49ers' offense after a couple of stale weeks.
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (ankle) ruled out for Divisional Round clash with Rams January 21st, 2022
- Titans officially activate Derrick Henry (foot) from injured reserve, expected to start against Bengals January 21st, 2022
- Darrel Williams (toe) questionable for Kansas City's Divisional Round contest against Bills January 21st, 2022
- Kansas City's Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) not listed on Divisional Round injury report January 21st, 2022
- Andrew Whitworth (ankle/knee) ruled out for Rams' Divisional Round matchup January 21st, 2022
- Rams designate Darrell Henderson (knee) to return from injured reserve, remains out against Tampa Bay January 21st, 2022
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (knee) good to go for Divisional Round January 21st, 2022
- Jimmy Garoppolo (thumb/shoulder) not listed on 49ers' Divisional Round injury report January 20th, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell (knee) limited at 49ers practice January 19th, 2022
- Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) getting in limited reps for 49ers January 19th, 2022
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo dealing with "slight" sprained shoulder January 17th, 2022
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (thumb) limited on Wednesday January 12th, 2022