Myles Gaskin mothballed in Miami loss
Miami Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin rushed 2 times for 3 yards and wasn't targeted in the passing game in a Week 4 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
Gaskin averaged 9.0 carries and 5.3 targets in the first three games while logging a 55.4% offensive snap share, but his volume plummeted in Sunday's loss and played less than a quarter of Miami's snaps on offense. Malcolm Brown rushed eight times and drew a target while leading the backfield with a 67.3% snap share. Salvon Ahmed had three carries and was targeted twice on 9.6% of the offensive snaps. Gaskin went from a season-high workload in Week 3 to season-lows in Week 4, and now the Dolphins' next matchup is against an elite Tampa Bay Buccaneers front.
Gaskin averaged negative-0.36 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry on Sunday. Brown led the backfield with negative-0.22 and Ahmed was third with negative-0.61. The Buccaneers are allowing the fewest rushing yards per game and the seventh-fewest FanDuel points per game to the running back position.
- Green Bay's Marquez Valdes-Scantling (back) ruled out on Saturday January 22nd, 2022
- Tampa Bay's Leonard Fournette (hamstring) will be activated off injured reserve, eligible to play against Rams January 22nd, 2022
- Kansas City's Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) not expected to play with snap count on Sunday January 22nd, 2022
- Russini: Tennessee's Derrick Henry (foot) 'will not be on a snap count' during Saturday's Divisional Round matchup January 22nd, 2022
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (ankle) ruled out for Divisional Round clash with Rams January 21st, 2022
- Titans officially activate Derrick Henry (foot) from injured reserve, expected to start against Bengals January 21st, 2022
- Salvon Ahmed inactive for Dolphins in Week 16 December 27th, 2021
- 'Phins place Albert Wilson on reserve/COVID list ahead of Week 16 game December 27th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (finger) will not return in 2021 season December 20th, 2021
- Dolphins signing Duke Johnson to active roster December 20th, 2021
- Dolphins activate Myles Gaskin from COVID-19 list December 17th, 2021
- Dolphins put Jaylen Waddle on reserve/COVID list December 16th, 2021