Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string
New York Jets tight end Chris Herndon is working with the second-team to start training camp.
Tyler Kroft started camp as the Jets' starting tight end. Herndon played 16 games last season but caught just 31 passes on 45 targets for 287 yards and 3 touchdowns. Kroft could wind up being a reliable source of targets on a Jets' offense that lacks proven pass-catching talent behind Jamison Crowder.
Herndon averaged the fourth-fewest yards per route last season out of the 43 tight ends with at least 30 targets. He is currently the TE29 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings.
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Kareem Hunt paces Cleveland backs in dominant win over Chicago September 26th, 2021
- Mike Gesicki breaks out in Dolphins' overtime Week 3 loss September 26th, 2021
- Mike Williams scores twice in Chargers' Week 3 victory September 26th, 2021
- Chargers' Justin Herbert throws 4 touchdowns in upset win over Chiefs September 26th, 2021
- Josh Allen scores 5 touchdowns in Bills' blowout victory September 26th, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (ankle) officially inactive for Week 3's clash with Seahawks September 26th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) "unlikely" to play in Vikings' Week 3 contest September 26th, 2021
- Minnesota's Dalvin Cook (ankle) questionable for Week 3's matchup against Seattle September 24th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) absent for Vikings again September 23rd, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- K.J. Osborn leads Vikings receivers in loss September 20th, 2021