ESPN: Mark Ingram not a lock to make Texans' roster
Houston Texans running back Mark Ingram is not a lock to make the roster, according to Sarah Barshop of ESPN.
There are currently four veteran running backs on the roster: David Johnson, Phillip Lindsay, Rex Burkhead and Ingram. While it's not unheard of for a team to carry four rushers, there's no guarantee all make the 53-man roster at the end of training camp. Ingram is the least versatile of the bunch, so if it comes down to it, he could be the odd man out.
Our models currently project Ingram for 245.08 rushing yards on 50.14 carries with 1.55 touchdowns. They also project him for 14.23 catches on 18.85 targets for 107.65 yards and 0.60 touchdowns.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Saints' Michael Thomas (toe) still recovering March 28th, 2023
- Jamaal Williams becoming member of Saints March 16th, 2023
- Saints bringing Michael Thomas back March 14th, 2023
- Jameis Winston re-signs with Saints on one-year deal March 13th, 2023
- Derek Carr signing 4-year deal with Saints March 6th, 2023
- Saints re-sign wide receiver Keith Kirkwood to 1-year deal February 17th, 2023