Minnesota plans to retain Brian Robison
Minnesota Vikings defensive end Brian Robison will be back with the team next season, general manager Rick Spielman hinted.
"I think he still has a lot of play in him," Spielman said. "How his role increases or decreases, that will be determined as we go through training camp and this offseason. But he still is not only a valuable football player for us, but extremely valuable from a leadership standpoint." Set to count $5.25 million against the cap in his age-33 season, Robison was viewed as a possible cap cut, but it appears he will stick around at least one more season. Even if he returns, Robison will likely lose snaps to sophomore Danielle Hunter, who recorded six sacks in limited snaps last season.
The Vikings ranked 13th in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play in 2015. They tied for seventh in the league with 43 sacks last season.
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Vikings' Irv Smith (meniscus surgery) likely out for year September 1st, 2021
- Vikings acquire Chris Herndon from Jets August 31st, 2021
- Minnesota's Tyler Conklin (hamstring) practicing on Monday August 30th, 2021
- Vikings' Tyler Conklin (hamstring) expected back this week August 30th, 2021
- Minnesota's Irv Smith (meniscus) reportedly expected to miss start of regular season August 29th, 2021
- Vikings' Irv Smith Jr. ready "to be the starting guy" in 2021 August 26th, 2021