Cardinals "not optimistic" Larry Fitzgerald (groin) will play in Week 17
The Arizona Cardinals "are not optimistic" that wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald (groin) will play in Week 17's game against the Los Angeles Rams, but the veteran "could try to surprise" the team, Adam Schefter reports.
The Cardinals are going to be shorthanded in Week 17 with a playoff berth on the line. Christian Kirk (COVID-19) has already been ruled out, Chase Edmonds (hip) is questionable, and now Fitzgerald is dealing with a groin injury. If all of those players miss today's game, DeAndre Hopkins could be in line for a massive workload.
If Fitzgerald is able to suit up, he could see a bump in his target share with Kirk absent. The future Hall of Famer's yards per target in 2020 (5.7) has fallen to a near-ten-year low, but a large target share could help him post a viable fantasy performance. However, our models currently project him for 6.2 fantasy points. FanDuel has set his salary at $4,800.
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl LV injury report February 5th, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray (ankle) returns to Week 17's clash with Rams January 3rd, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray (ankle) questionable to return in Week 17, Chris Streveler now under center January 3rd, 2021
- Larry Fitgerald (groin) inactive for Cardinals in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Cards' Chase Edmonds (hip) active for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Cardinals' Chase Edmonds (hip) a game-time decision Sunday January 3rd, 2021
- Cardinals "not optimistic" Larry Fitzgerald (groin) will play in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021