Jets' Frank Gore (lung) ruled out for Week 17 finale
New York Jets running back Frank Gore will not play in the team's Week 17 game against the New England Patriots.
Gore is dealing with a lung contusion, one which forced him out of the team's upset win over the Cleveland Browns. Given that the veteran rusher is now 37 years old and is a free agent after the year, that very well could have been the last game of his career. The Jets will now turn to Ty Johnson and La'Mical Perine to handle the backfield workload against the Pats.
In 15 games this season, Gore had 187 carries for 653 yards (3.5 per attempt) and 2 touchdowns. He also added 16 catches for 89 yards in the air attack.
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- D.J. Chark (ankle) full participant at Lions workouts May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy to be released on bond May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler wants "Tyler Lockett role" for Russell Wilson May 11th, 2022
- Jets select running back Breece Hall at No. 36 after trade with Giants April 29th, 2022
- Jets draft Garrett Wilson tenth overall April 28th, 2022
- Tight end C.J. Uzomah to sign three-year contract with Jets March 14th, 2022
- Jets re-sign receiver Braxton Berrios to two-year deal March 14th, 2022
- Jets sign wide receiver Corey Davis to three-year deal March 15th, 2021