Jets' Frank Gore (lung) ruled out for Week 17 finale
New York Jets running back Frank Gore will not play in the team's Week 17 game against the New England Patriots.
Gore is dealing with a lung contusion, one which forced him out of the team's upset win over the Cleveland Browns. Given that the veteran rusher is now 37 years old and is a free agent after the year, that very well could have been the last game of his career. The Jets will now turn to Ty Johnson and La'Mical Perine to handle the backfield workload against the Pats.
In 15 games this season, Gore had 187 carries for 653 yards (3.5 per attempt) and 2 touchdowns. He also added 16 catches for 89 yards in the air attack.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Jets sign wide receiver Corey Davis to three-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Schefter: Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Texans January 28th, 2021
- Jets fire Adam Gase following Week 17's loss to New England January 3rd, 2021
- La'Mical Perine tests positive for COVID-19, out Week 17 December 30th, 2020
- Jets' Frank Gore (lung) ruled out for Week 17 finale December 28th, 2020
- Jamison Crowder throws, catches touchdown as Jets win again December 28th, 2020