49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) not expected to be ready for Week 16
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) was designated to return from injured reserve but is not expected to be active for Week 16's game against the Arizona Cardinals.
Garoppolo is healthy enough to return to practice, but Kyle Shanahan doesn't expect him to be ready to serve as C.J. Beathard's backup in Week 16. It's possible that Garoppolo could return for Week 17's game against the Seattle Seahawks, but Shanahan has previously expressed doubt over him playing at all for the rest of the season. San Francisco reportedly plans to sign a quarterback off another team's practice squad to serve as their emergency option against the Cardinals.
Beathard's Week 16 projection includes 119.5 passing yards, 0.7 touchdowns, 0.5 interceptions, and 7.2 FanDuel points.
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020
- 49ers activate George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve, available for Week 16's game against Cardinals December 24th, 2020
- 49ers sign Josh Rosen from Tampa Bay's practice squad December 22nd, 2020