Buccaneers' Ronald Jones undergoing finger surgery, timeline TBD
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Ronald Jones is having surgery Tuesday to insert a pin into his broken pinky finger.
It remains to be seen whether Jones will miss Sunday's Week 15 contest against the Atlanta Falcons. Chris Godwin missed a game earlier this year after undergoing the same procedure. Jones handled 19-of-25 backfield touches for the Buccaneers last week, finishing with 84 yards and a touchdown. Leonard Fournette and LeSean McCoy would likely split work versus Atlanta if Jones can't play. Ke'Shawn Vaughn could also take on more work.
Jones scored 14.9 FanDuel points in Week 14 and is averaging 15.9 FanDuel points over the last two contests. Fournette is 33rd out of 56 backs with at least 25 carries in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry this season. The Falcons, meanwhile, have a top-five rush defense in numberFire's schedule-adjusted team rankings.
- Bears' Andy Dalton (knee) could miss an additional "week or two" September 26th, 2021
- Ravens' Lamar Jackson (illness) expected to play Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Bengals' Tee Higgins (shoulder) not expected to play Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankles) will start Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) "unlikely" to play in Vikings' Week 3 contest September 26th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) unlikely to play Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Buccaneers place Antonio Brown on COVID-19 list September 22nd, 2021
- Buccaneers prefer Leonard Fournette in blitz pickup September 22nd, 2021
- Mike Evans bounces back for Buccaneers with pair of scores September 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski finds endzone twice in blowout victory September 19th, 2021