Mike Glennon taking over for Jake Luton as Jaguars' starting quarterback Week 12 versus Browns
Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Mike Glennon will start Week 12 against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday.
Glennon will take over for Jake Luton after Luton threw four interceptions with 151 yards and no touchdowns in a loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers last week. Glennon's last start came in 2017 with the Chicago Bears before he was benched for Mitchell Trubisky. Interestingly enough, Trubisky was benched this year for Nick Foles, who was benched last year for Gardner Minshew, who is expected to reclaim the job from Glennon when he returns from his finger injury. Glennon could actually be a potential upgrade for the Jaguars' receivers considering how poorly Luton played. The Browns are also going to be without Denzel Ward (calf) on Sunday.
Glennon has just three 300-yard games over 22 career starts, although one came during his four-game run with the Bears in 2017. His average depth of target that year (6.8 yards) was more than a yard shorter than what Minshew (8.4) and Luton (8.4) have both averaged this season. The Browns are allowing the 11th-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position.
- Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs move on to Super Bowl for second straight season January 25th, 2021
- Tom Brady leads Buccaneers past Packers, advances to 10th Super Bowl January 25th, 2021
- Chiefs' Le'Veon Bell (knee) officially inactive for Sunday's AFC Championship game January 24th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) active for AFC Championship showdown with Buffalo January 24th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) ruled out for Sunday's AFC Championship game against Bills January 24th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (chest) questionable to return to NFC Championship game January 24th, 2021
- Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach January 14th, 2021
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Colts January 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville's D.J. Chark (shin) remains out on Thursday December 31st, 2020
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) misses practice Wednesday, uncertain for season finale December 30th, 2020
- Mike Glennon will finish out Jaguars' season under center December 30th, 2020
- James Robinson (ankle) shut down for Jaguars' finale December 30th, 2020