Saints not announcing starting quarterback for Sunday
New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton isn't announcing a starting quarterback for Week 11 against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.
“I haven’t announced that either one of them are starting," Payton replied when asked whether Taysom Hill or Jameis Winston would start in place of Drew Brees (ribs, lung) this week. Adam Schefter of ESPN reported Friday that Hill took all the first-team reps in practice this week and will be the starter versus Atlanta. Schefter's colleague, Dianna Russini, also reported Friday that Winston will not be part of any offensive packages in Week 11. Hill figures to be plenty involved in the offense, particularly in the red zone, regardless of whether or not he starts at quarterback. Winston would be the preferred option for fantasy owners of Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara.
The Falcons are allowing the most FanDuel points per game to quarterbacks (26.8) as signal-callers are averaging 7.2 more points against Atlanta over their season-long averages. They have given up at least 29 fantasy points to quarterbacks five times this season and only one quarterback has been held below 18 fantasy points.
- Packers "hopeful" AJ Dillon (quadriceps) can play in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2021
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes in concussion protocol on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Bucs' designate Vita Vea (ankle) to return from injured reserve January 18th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (quad, finger) active for Sunday's showdown with Saints January 17th, 2021
- Update: Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes (concussion) will not return against Browns January 17th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Saints activate Tre'Quan Smith (ankle) from injured reserve on Saturday January 16th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) questionable for Sunday's clash with Tampa Bay January 15th, 2021