49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) out of walking boot, aiming for December return
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo has reportedly progressed out of his walking boot as he continues his recovery from a high-ankle sprain.
Garoppolo is working his way back from his second extended absence with a high-ankle sprain this season. Kyle Shanahan said that "hope remains" that Garoppolo will rejoin the team at some point this in December to help them in the playoff hunt. Garoppolo spent nearly three and a half weeks on the injured list with his initial high-ankle sprain and is now entering his third week of this absence. Shanahan also added that he expects Garoppolo to be the 49ers starting quarterback next season.
Garoppolo is Pro Football Focus' 33rd graded quarterback this season, with 94 completions on 140 attempts (67.1%) for 1,096 yards (7.8 per attempt), 7 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions.
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) DNP on Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Packers' AJ Dillon (quadricep) limited in practice Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) listed as limited on Kansas City's Wednesday practice report January 20th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) limited participant in Wednesday's practice January 20th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) not practicing Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Rapoport: Patrick Mahomes (concussion) having 'very light' practice with Chiefs Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020
- 49ers activate George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve, available for Week 16's game against Cardinals December 24th, 2020
- 49ers sign Josh Rosen from Tampa Bay's practice squad December 22nd, 2020