Schefter: San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo reportedly sidelined indefinitely with high ankle sprain
According to Adam Schefter, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is reportedly sidelined indefinitely with a high ankle sprain.
Garoppolo will miss an indefinite amount of time after the team felt their quarterback needed rest for his ankle injury originally suffered in Week 2. After an impressive showing against the Seahawks, Nick Mullens is the probable candidate to step in at quarterback for Week 9's matchup against the Green Bay Packers.
On 98 pass attempts this season, Mullens has been slightly more productive, averaging 0.27 Expected Points per attempt compared to Garoppolo's mark at 0.20 on 140 attempts.
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) questionable for Sunday's clash with Tampa Bay January 15th, 2021
- Saints list Latavius Murray (quad) as questionable for Sunday's Divisional playoff contest against Buccaneers January 15th, 2021
- Mike Evans (knee) hoping to be closer to 100 percent for Buccaneers in Divisional Round January 15th, 2021
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) listed as questionable on Kansas City's Divisional playoff injury report January 15th, 2021
- Browns activate LG Joel Bitonio from reserve/COVID-19 list January 15th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) ruled out for Sunday's Divisional playoff matchup against Browns January 15th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020
- 49ers activate George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve, available for Week 16's game against Cardinals December 24th, 2020
- 49ers sign Josh Rosen from Tampa Bay's practice squad December 22nd, 2020