Saints running back Alvin Kamara played through 'torn' knee in 2019
New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara said he 'tore his knee' against the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2019, and played through the injury for the remainder of the season.
It's unclear what exactly Kamara tore, but he did not need to have surgery performed on the injury and instead chose to rehab it naturally over the offseason. Kamara struggled through an ankle sprain and a back injury during the season as well, but should be fully healthy heading into the fall.
Kamara is currently numberFire's RB6 for the 2020 season, and is projected for 234.07 fantasy points. It was apparent on the field that Kamara was injured for a significant part of the 2019 season, as well as in the statistics. His broken tackles per attempt dropped precipitously from 9.2 to in 2018 to 5.9 last year.
- Aaron Rodgers efficient in Packers' Week 3 win over New Orleans September 28th, 2020
- Joe Mixon manages 72 yards as Bengals tie Eagles September 28th, 2020
- Jets' Sam Darnold throws 3 interceptions in Week 3's blowout loss to Indianapolis September 28th, 2020
- Todd Gurley has best game in Falcons' uniform against Bears September 28th, 2020
- Arizona's Kyler Murray accounts for 3 touchdowns and 299 yards in Week 3's defeat to Lions September 28th, 2020
- Rams' Darrell Henderson rushes for 114 yards September 28th, 2020
- Saints' Ty Montgomery (hamstring) placed on injured reserve September 26th, 2020
- Saints' Michael Thomas (ankle) out for Week 3 September 25th, 2020
- Rapoport: Michael Thomas (ankle) probably out again for Saints September 25th, 2020
- Saints' Michael Thomas (ankle) still not practicing Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Saints' Michael Thomas (ankle) doesn't practice again Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Drew Brees admits Saints aren't 'totally in sync' September 22nd, 2020