Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians said Ronald Jones is the 'main guy.'
These are certainly encouraging words from Arians, who added that the rest of the backfield are fighting for roles behind Jones. The Bucs drafted Ke'Shawn Vaughn in the third round of the 2020 NFL Draft, but it seems that Jones will be the team's lead back, at least for the start of the season.
Jones battled for touches with Peyton Barber last season, but showed significant growth from his disastrous rookie season, and even proved himself to be a broken tackle machine in 2019 with a broken tackle every 7.5 touches. He's currently numberFire's RB34 for the 2020 season, but could outperform that projection if he indeed dominates the touches as a lead back.
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert (ankle) to reportedly miss 'at least a couple weeks' September 29th, 2020
- Titans closing facility following COVID-19 breakout, Vikings also suspending activities September 29th, 2020
- 49ers' 'unsure' if Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) will practice Wednesday September 28th, 2020
- Chiefs' guard Andrew Wylie (illness) inactive for Monday Night Football September 28th, 2020
- 49ers send tight end Jordan Reed (knee) to short-term IR September 28th, 2020
- Sammy Watkins (concussion) active for Chiefs Monday night September 28th, 2020
- Chris Godwin (hamstring) could miss multiple Buccaneers games September 29th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Chris Godwin (hamstring) exits early against the Broncos in Week 3 September 27th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski: "I'm a blocking tight end. I came here to block" September 25th, 2020
- Buccaneers expect Rob Gronkowski to block more than catch September 24th, 2020
- Chris Godwin (concussion) cleared for Buccaneers in Week 3 September 21st, 2020
- Buccaneers' Leonard Fournette rushes for 103 yards and 2 touchdowns in Week 2 win over Panthers September 20th, 2020